Re: [INDOLOGY] E-Copy of Sthiramati's Madhyāntavibhāgaṭīkā

David and Nancy Reigle dnreigle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 21:48:42 UTC 2019

Dear Amit,

I have a rather poor quality scan of Yamaguchi's 1934 edition of
Sthiramati's *Madhyāntavibhāgaṭīkā* that was kindly given to me. I can send
it to you if no one has a better one. It is about 88 megabytes.

Regarding Richard Stanley's emendations, my impression is that they are
generally quite reliable. We recall that Yamaguchi did not have the
advantage of access to the Sanskrit text of the *Madhyāntavibhāga* or the
*Madhyāntavibhāgabhāṣya*, both of which were not published until 1964. This
is the major factor. Besides this, many more Sanskrit Buddhist texts were
published in the interim, and Richard Stanley worked closely with J. W. de
Jong and Tissa Rajapatirana on this text.

Best regards,

David Reigle
Colorado, U.S.A.