[INDOLOGY] Studies on the Rigveda [Addendum: Table of Contents]

Koenraad Elst koenraad.elst at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 13:36:50 UTC 2019

Dear listfolk,

on of the chapters here is about the Zehnkönigsschlacht am Ravifluss,
published separately in the EJVS a few years ago. You may or may not
know that a rebuttal was written to it:
https://talageri.blogspot.com/2017/06/, by Shrikant Talageri, and I
invite those interested in the Battle of the Ten Kings and in Vedic
interpretation generally, to take a look at it.

Yes, me too, like most of you, I am skeptical of the high-strung
language he uses, with e.g. a statement judged "not true" immediately
being dubbed a "lie", as if for every deliberate lie there aren't a
hundred bonafide mistakes. Gossiping socialites and TV debaters will
certainly highlight these flaws to score points against him. Scholars
eager to get closer to the truth, by contrast, like the august crowd
on the present forum, will instead focus on the contents of his
critique. Which is quite pertinent.

Incidentally, I have also written two partly overlapping papers on the
same subject:

https://www.academia.edu/30880829/Zurich1407VasisthaKE.docx

https://www.academia.edu/20041969/The_conflict_between_Vedic_Aryans_and_Iranians

Kind regards,