[INDOLOGY] Chinkara (a gazelle)

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:31:03 UTC 2019

My index in Roots of Ayurveda says

chinkara, Gazella gazella
(Pallas)?: mṛgamātṛkā, 77

My private reference for that was

Prater, S. H (1993). *The book of Indian animals*. Bombay, Delhi, etc.:
Oxford University Press, fourth edn., page 268.

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada