[INDOLOGY] www.indianmanuscripts.com has disappeared

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 20:15:38 UTC 2019

This website, that hosted digital scans of many manuscripts and early
editions, has now disappeared, as of December last year.   Some of the site
is preserved at Archive.org
<https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.indianmanuscripts.com/>, but the
scans are not downloadable as far as I can see.  The site was created by a
Mr Madan Mohan Gupta.  I am guessing, but I think the resource might be
associated with Rewa in Madhya Pradesh, or the Bishno Mandir in Hisar,
Haryana.

Does anyone have any information about this resource, especially whether it
has gone forever or only temporarily?  I wrote to Mr Gupta last year,
congratulating him on the website, but I received no answer.

Best,
Dominik

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada