[INDOLOGY] Various Font's comparison with Vani Vilas

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:35:35 UTC 2019

Looks very good to me. I imagine you'll work on ṣaṭtri-  But everything
else looks really nice.

I used to have a document - from decades ago - that surveyed *all* the
sandhyakṣaras ever used in printing.  I'll try to find it.

Best,
Dominik

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada
.

South Asia at the U of A:

sas.ualberta.ca

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 20:24, Krishnaprasad G <krishnaprasadah.g at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Dominik Wujastyk
> Thank you very much for the feedback.
> Please find the attached PDF, still the fonts are not complete, we will
> work on the conjuncts you mentioned, please give further suggestions to
> select the conjunct letters from the following, I am much obliged for your
> suggestions and highly admired.
> Thanks
> KP
> [image: image.png]
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:24 AM Dominik Wujastyk <wujastyk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I *really* like the Vani Vilas font.  It has the little tiny inter-aksara
>> spaces in the matra line.  And look at the word durlabha दुर्लभ near the
>> end of the passage: Vani Vilas is the only one that manages that rl+bha
>> elegantly.  It's stunning.  I'm normally unwavering about my preference for
>> Sanskrit 2003, but Vani Vilas may be taking the throne.  Does it support
>> complex conjuncts, kārtsnya, ṣaṭtriṃśat, prasanna, śakti, etc.?
>>
>> --
>> Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
>> ,
>>
>> Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
>> ,
>>
>> Department of History and Classics
>> <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
>> ,
>> University of Alberta, Canada
>> .
>>
>> South Asia at the U of A:
>>
>> sas.ualberta.ca
>>

>> On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 21:11, Krishnaprasad G via INDOLOGY <
>> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all
>>> Please find the attachment with various font's comparison newly
>>> developed Vani Vilas font bold font.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> KP