[INDOLOGY] New Scientist article about the Yamnaya migrations (27 March 2019 )

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 11:19:45 UTC 2019

 I agree completely with Mathew that there is an "urgent duty" for us "to be vigilant against attempts to co-opt these narratives of violence and oppression in the distant prehistoric past to justify violence and oppression in the present day".  I'd like to discuss that in another thread where I'll discuss its relevance to Indology.

Later today I'll post more in this genetics thread about the serious problems with the New Scientist article as it applies to our areas of study.

Best,
Dean
Dr. Dean AndersonEast West Cultural InstitutePondicherry, IndiaAustin, Texas