Re: [INDOLOGY] Statement on sthāyibhāva

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Aug 16 06:31:51 UTC 2019

Dear Harry, I do not have the books at hand. However, you might have a look at an article of mine, titled "On the Use of Rasa in Studies of Sanskrit Drama" IIJ 43/2 (2000), pp. 115-138. In this article I show, among other things, that in the Natyasastra the distinction between bhavas and sthayibhavas is less stable than is often assumed. You may find a pdf of the article on my website.
Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag