[INDOLOGY] Indo-Aryan speakers and Shaktism

Paolo Eugenio Rosati paoloe.rosati at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 09:59:41 UTC 2019

Dear Indologists,

A few years ago, I came across an article intended to debate the close
connection of some "Indo-Aryan" speaking groups (I use commas because I
doubt that we could never speak of "pure" Indo-Aryan speakers when the
migration waves into the Subcontinent began) and Shakta traditions.

Unfortunately, I am not able to remember who wrote about this topic.
Anyway, the article focused on Indo-Aryan tribes settled in (Himalayan?)
mountains, tracing a close connection between these tribes and Shaktism.

Could anyone suggest any reference to this topic?

Sincerely,
Paolo

--
*Paolo E. Rosati*

*PhD in Asian and African Studies(South Asia Section)Italian Institute of
Oriental Studies 'Sapienza' University of Rome*

*https://uniroma1.academia.edu/PaoloRosati/
<https://uniroma1.academia.edu/PaoloRosati/>*
paoloe.rosati at uniroma1.it
paoloe.rosati at gmail.com