[INDOLOGY] Sexism and Bias on INDOLOGY governing committee

Paolo Eugenio Rosati paoloe.rosati at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 19:35:06 UTC 2019

Dear Iran,

For me as white, blue eyes man is quite incredible that we are going to
question the woman's quota and the need of gender symmetry in the academia
(and in the politics too).

I would like to know how many transgender people (M-to-F, F-to-M,
transvestites, transgenders, etc.) applied for any academic position in the
last 10 years, and how many of these application were accepted. Don't we
need of quotas for non-binary genders?

There is no gender equality in our capitalist and patriarchal world, that's
why I strongly sustain the necessity of gender and "minorities" quotas. I
do not want only white caucasian males dicide for my (and our) future.
Giving gender quotas does not mean that female is the weaker gender. It
means that female as well as non-binary genders are discriminated and we
want to fight this discrimination.

In a utopic society all the human being will be objectively considered.
However, this society is extremely chauvinist and is excluding gender,
linguistic, religious and ethnic minorities almost everywhere.

In conclusion, I really feel uncomfortable that who always cares for gender
issues is going to resign from the Indology committee.

Best,
Paolo

---
Paolo E. Rosati