[INDOLOGY] Clarification Request

Loriliai Biernacki loriliai.biernacki at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 4 15:31:32 UTC 2019

Dear all,
First, I want to express appreciation to Dominik (and Patrick McAllister) for all the work done to  to make the list possible. It is much appreciated by many, including myself, even if I am mostly just a lurker—it is how I have access to Madhav’s delightful verses.
I also support other voices to expand the committee to include other geographical areas, specifically India, specifically, with a woman to achieve gender parity.
I recognize that it is not currently a governing body, but still, the formation of a committee signals a kind of representational status and ideology with it.  Even if the responsibilities are negligible, still it feels odd that on an Indology list, no one located in India sits on the committee.
All best,

Loriliai Biernacki

CU Boulder sits upon land within the territories of the Ute, Cheyenne, and Arapaho peoples, and 48 contemporary tribal nations are historically tied to the lands that make up the state of Colorado.