[INDOLOGY] Sexism and Bias on INDOLOGY governing committee

Michael Brattus Jones mbjones at utexas.edu
Thu Apr 4 05:21:28 UTC 2019

Dear List,

I support parity on the governing board. It would be a small action with a
great effect, and I don't believe I've read any arguments directly against
it.

I happen to follow Dr. Truschke on Twitter and I've seen the terrible
abuses she endures there, as a result of discussing her academic work. I'm
not comparing this forum with that one, but it does underscore the need for
this forum to strive to seem as safe a place as possible, whether or not
people see eye to eye on any specific issues.

Thank you,

Michael Brattus Jones, Ph.D.