[INDOLOGY] Sexism and Bias on INDOLOGY governing committee

Jeffery Long dharmaprof108 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 14:39:39 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to add my voice to second what Malcolm, Herman, Ramprasad, John, and others have said.  Scholars in our field, or any field, being subjected to sexism and chauvinism of any kind is unacceptable.  We need to stand together against such behavior, as well as, for those of us who are male, reflecting on ways in which we may have been complicit, even if inadvertently, in creating and sustaining an environment in which some feel they can behave in this way toward female colleagues.
All the best,Jeff
Dr. Jeffery D. Long
Professor of Religion and Asian Studies
Elizabethtown CollegeElizabethtown, PA
https://etown.academia.edu/JefferyLong
Series Editor, Explorations in Indic Traditions: Theological, Ethical, and PhilosophicalLexington Books
"One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life."  (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)