[INDOLOGY] Sexism and Bias on INDOLOGY governing committee

Jon Skarpeid jon.skarpeid at uis.no
Tue Apr 2 09:28:29 UTC 2019

«A thousand things that can be improved» is the argument of relativization. Any wishes for change can be met with relativization, but it’s a poor argument.

And dear Aleix, what’s the problem with “Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants”? Perhaps one day we will need to change “female” with “male”. Who knows?

Best,
Jon