[INDOLOGY] Clio and Her Descendents: Essays in Honor of Kesavan Veluthat

Jesse Knutson jknutson at hawaii.edu
Sun Sep 30 05:38:20 UTC 2018

Dear Friends, I wanted to let you know, on behalf of its accomplished
editor Manu Devadevan, about a book that has recently been published
called *Clio
and Her Descendents: Essays in Honor of Kesavan Veluthat*. It is a
Festschrift for the incomparable historian of early South India, Kesavan
Veluthat. The book is a mammoth and I draw your attention to it because it
includes so many extraordinary essays on a vast range of topics in the
history of premodern and early modern South Asia  (not restricted to the
south by any means); made up of new and original work by so many star
historians, philologists, and literary scholars, as well as even the
occasional udbāhur vāmanaḥ (such as the present emailer).

Finally all royalties from the book's sales are being donated to the famed,
though financially struggling, Kudiyattam troupe from Kerala, Nepathya.

Here is the link to the publisher's page:

http://www.primusbooks.com/showbookdetail.asp?bookid=218

Thanks, भवदीयः,J
Jesse Ross Knutson PhD
Associate Professor of Sanskrit Language and Literature
Department of Indo-Pacific Languages and Literatures
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
461 Spalding