[INDOLOGY] burning substance

James Hartzell james.hartzell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 16:55:11 UTC 2018

Hi there

Could anyone point me to use of the term *dahyamāna vastu* in the Vedic
literature?  It shows up in tantric material discussing the use of mantras
in the internal fire of the yogi (with some Vedic ritual comparisons) and
it's not perfectly clear to me whether the term is intended to refer to the
mantras or the fire itself.

Cheers
James

--
James Hartzell, PhD
Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language (BCBL), Donostia, Spain