[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit can tackle climate change

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:39:18 UTC 2018

Dear Camillo,

> Still, Sanskrit can only *help* tackle, and not directly tackle climate
change. Or am I wrong and 'Sanskrit literature and the ideas contained
> therein' can tackle climate change? I thought only mankind can tackle it
directly, but you are telling me I'm wrong.

Yes, I agree fully, Sanskrit (literature and the ideas contained therein)
can *help* tackle, and not directly tackle, issues such as climate change
ni which a larger perspective is useful.

To make it clear, in spite of the context I tried to give in my initial
mail (which I still think is the aspect we *should* be focussing on to make
this debate fruitful!), I do NOT think that the sentence

'Sanskrit can tackle climate change'

can meaningfully be used as phrased.

All the best,
   Antonia