[INDOLOGY] Scientification in India

Michaels, Axel michaels at asia-europe.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 11 07:32:33 UTC 2018

Dear all,

In the course of the recent WSC discussions on this list, Dr Iris Iran Farkhondeh recently mentioned a little brochure by the RSS: “There was also this little booklet produced by the RSS (samskrit samsthan and not svayam sevak even though it seems now that the two RSS are getting nearer and nearer) with a mention of astrolomy (sic) and all the other sciences that for sure originated in ancient India.” Unfortunately, she did not keep this booklet. Since I am co-editing a book on this topic, I would be very grateful if someone who attended the conference could share the brochure with me.  I would also be interested in relevant and serious literature focusing and the wide-spread claim that all science is rooted in India.

Best regards,
Axel Michaels

Prof. Dr. Axel Michaels
Seniorprofessor | Vice President Heidelberg Academy of Science and Humanities |
Director Research Unit "Historical Documents of Nepal" (नेपालका पूर्व-आधुनिक कालका लिखतहरू), Heidelberg Academy of Sciences and Humanities

South Asia Institute
Im Neuenheimer Feld 330
69120 Heidelberg, Germany
http://www.haw.uni-heidelberg.de/forschung/forschungsstellen/nepal/index.de.html