Re: [INDOLOGY] goṣṭhī

Bose, Mandakranta m.bose at ubc.ca
Sat Sep 8 21:00:48 UTC 2018

My mail inadvertently was sent before I could finish my communication was completed. I do apologize. Here is the rest of my message.

 "Goṣṭhī' appears as a form of deśīnāṭya in Dattila, quoted in Saṅgītanārāyaṇa (3. 15-18); Vātsyāyana, in his Kaamasūtra mentions "goṣṭhī" along with hallisaka and nāṭyarāsaka and prekạṇaka (KŚ.II.10.25);  Agnipurāṇa mentions "goṣṭhuparüpaka

Mandakranta Bose, D.Phil. (Oxon.), FRAS, FRSC
Fellow, Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies
Professor Emerita UBC
Former Director, Centre for India and South Asia Research
Institute of Asian Research
University of British Columbia
Vancouver BC V6T 1Z2