[INDOLOGY] request for pdf

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:54:26 UTC 2018

Dear Friends,

Our Special Collections library has the following:

Peterson, Peter.  1887. “A Third Report of Operations in Search of Sanskrit
Mss. in the Bombay Circle April 1884-March 1886.” Extra Number of the *Journal
of the Bombay Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society*. Bombay: Society's
Library, Town Hall/London: Trübner & Co., 1887.
What they do not have is 1, 2, or 4 of this series. If anyone would know
where I might find these, ideally digitally (and again ideally, digital
versions of 3, 5, 6, since it is of course forbidden to photocopy them...),
that would be great.

And while I am asking...
On Archive.org I found:

Bhandarkar, Ramkrishna Gopal. 1887. “Report on the Search For Sanskrit
Manuscripts In the Bombay Presidency during the year 1883–84.”
Unfortunately, the scan is so incredibly bad that it is very next to
useless. Anyone possessing a readable scan...

Well, I know that this is an ongoing issue (think for instance the old
issues of the Journal Asiatique on the Gallica site, virtually useless in
their entirety...)

Just thought I'd ask,

Jonathan

--
J. Silk
Leiden University

copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk