[INDOLOGY] FW: International Academics Condemn Assault on Freedom of Thought by the Indian State

Dimitry Shevchenko dshevchenko at unm.edu
Thu Sep 6 13:50:10 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I'm forwarding an email regarding the recent crack-down on intellectuals and human rights activists in India.

Best,
Dimitry Shevchenko

From: "Steur, Luisa" <L.J.Steur at uva.nl<mailto:L.J.Steur at uva.nl>>
Subject: [Antr] FW: International Academics Condemn Assault on Freedom of Thought by the Indian State
Date: 4 September 2018 at 22:18:37 CEST
To: "antr at list.uva.nl<mailto:antr at list.uva.nl>" <antr at list.uva.nl<mailto:antr at list.uva.nl>>

Dear all,
There's a rather terrifying crack-down going on in India by the BJP government on intellectuals, lawyers and human rights activists and I now hear that two scholars who I've worked closely with and who are among the most important Dalit-Leftist intellectuals in India today have been directly targetted. Please consider signing the petition: https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/international-academics-1?source=c.em.mt&r_by=20660718
Luisa

Dr. Luisa Steur | Assistant Professor | Department of Anthropology | University of Amsterdam | REC B.5.07