[INDOLOGY] Dating of the Brhadaranyaka Upanishad

Veeranarayana Pandurangi veerankp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:01:22 UTC 2018

there is a mention of Steven Lindquist's "lines of descent and dissent"
published in "religions of south asia" 5. it is available in equinox
website for a price.  Brian Black's "Rethinking the Upanishadic Vamshas" is
also published in the same thing. I would be glad to read both. I hope you
will help me.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 12:21 AM Bradley Clough <bclough9377 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Veenanarayana,
>
> Please find attached the relevant chapters from Cohen's book on the
> Upanishads.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Brad
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 5:00 AM Bradley Clough <bclough9377 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sure, I’ll try my best to get those chapters scanned and emailed to you
>> later today.
>>
>> Yours,
>> Brad
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 4:57 AM Veeranarayana Pandurangi <
>> veerankp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear sir, very much thanks.
>>> I am afraid that I may not be able to soon (in a week, that is my time
>>> for it now) anywhere in India. Pl. Help me get the scanned images of these
>>> chapters if possible.
>>>
>>> On 21 Oct 2018 11:54 pm, "Bradley Clough via INDOLOGY" <
>>> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Colleagues,
>>>
>>> I would suggest consulting Signe Cohen’s edited volume (Routledge 2018)
>>> titled *The Upanisads: A Complete Guide*.  Chapters 2-4, all by Cohen, and
>>> Chapter 23, by Dermot Killingley, are particularly pertinent to this matter.
>>>
>>> Brad Clough
>>> The University of Montana

Veeranarayana N.K. Pandurangi
Director of Academics
Dean, Faculty of Vedantas
Karnakata Samskrita University,
Pampa Mahakavi Road,
Chamarajpet, Bengaluru.

अथ चेत्त्वमिमं धर्म्यं संग्रामं न करिष्यसि। ततः स्वधर्मं कीर्तिं च हित्वा
पापमवाप्स्यसि।।
तस्मादुत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिश्चयः। निराशीर्निर्ममो भूत्वा युध्यस्व
विगतज्वरः।। (भ.गी.)

http://www.ksu.ac.in
http://www.ksu.ac.in/en/dr-veeranarayana-n-k-pandurangi/
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/bvparishat>