[INDOLOGY] The Buddha's body in a vat of oil

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Wed Nov 21 00:37:21 UTC 2018

Dear Professors,

John S. Strong's "Relics of the Buddha" is slightly earlier (2004) than
both the papers you mention (2009). I do not have access to  them. Do they
bring any new data re the funeral ceremony of the Buddha - as described and
discussed in detail by Strong?

If you, by any chance, possess the PDFs of them, I'd be extremely grateful
for the opportunity to read them

The sudden appearance of the iron tub in the MPSutta (808, 811) raises the
question of its original purpose. When filled with oil - couldn't it be
used to quench iron?

Respects,

Artur Karp