[INDOLOGY] Lecture at Lib of Congress: Richard Salomon and LC's Gandhara scroll (Thurs 11/15, 4pm)

Jonathan Loar jonathanloar1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 20:18:53 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

With apologies for cross-posting, I wanted to draw attention to a very
exciting lecture taking place on Thursday November 15 in the Asian Reading
Room of the Library of Congress in Washington D.C. Richard Salomon will
discuss LC’s Gandhara birch-bark scroll, which dates from around the
beginning of the Common Era. A translation of the scroll appears in Dr.
Salomon’s new publication, The Buddhist Literature of Ancient Gandhara (
https://lccn.loc.gov/2017026919).

If possible, please join us in the Asian Reading Room on Thurs Nov 15 at
4pm! And please feel free to spread the word to any groups, listservs, and
the like with folks who may be interested. I’ll attach the flyer here, and
it is also available from LC’s 4 Corners of the World blog:
http://blogs.loc.gov/international-collections/2018/10/4-corners-international-collections-program-calendar-10-19-2018/salomon-flyer-new-with-logo/.
If you cannot join us on Nov 15, we will record the lecture and release it
as a webcast about 5-6 weeks afterwards.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Loar

South Asia reference librarian

Asian Division, Library of Congress