[INDOLOGY] Epigraphy and Indology

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 03:29:28 UTC 2018

The issue you mention belongs to textual criticism and a specific aspect of
it:application of parallel/relevant  epigraphic data to textual criticism.
Using the version of the text so decided for further criticism of various
kinds is the next step.

This  specific aspect of  textual criticism could be rare because the
possibility of portions of text in a manuscript  being found in an
inscription itself is very rare.

But its an interesting area of research.