[INDOLOGY] Epigraphy and Indology

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 18 19:28:52 UTC 2018

Dear Palaniappan,

The recognition of true historical background of the Prabodhacandrodaya and the references to this contained within the play itself offer a case in point. I have discussed this in my introduction to my translation of the work, which is available here:

https://www.academia.edu/27671250/Introduction_to_The_Rise_of_Wisdom_Moon_Prabodhacandrodaya_

No doubt others will be able to bring up other examples.

best,

Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago