Re: [INDOLOGY] Purāṇas, "resembling the belly of a mirror"

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Jan 31 20:21:41 UTC 2018

Dear Toke, maybe the following passage from the Nāṭyaśātra (2, 72cd-73ab) is of interest to you. It deals with the surface of the raṅgaśīrṣa:

kūrmapr̥ṣṭhaṃ na kartavyaṃ matsyapr̥ṣṭhaṃ tathaiva ca
**śuddhādarśatalākāraṃ** raṅgaśīrṣaṃ praśasyate.

With kind regards, Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag