[INDOLOGY] Mathitaartha

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 23:15:41 UTC 2018

Mathana is used metaphorically in the sense of thinking thoroughly with
arguments for and against, logically considering all pros and cons, with
thesis , antithesis , poorvapaksha, khaNDana, siddhaanta.

At least iin the form of its borrowing into Telugu, its a popular ddaily
use term.  In Telugu 'mathana paDu'  means. to worry. intensely.

Iin contemporary Telugu, as a neologism, the English term. 'brain storming
session 'is translated as 'medho mathana sadassu'  of course, with the 'o'
being a modern ''freedom' to violate the grammar (without that freedom
exercised, the term would have been medhaamathana sadassu).