[INDOLOGY] Fw: Steven Collins

Niranjan Saha shrinsaha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 03:47:47 UTC 2018

Charles Hallisey
Harvard Divinity School

Dear Sir,

The message about the sad and untimely death of Steven Collins circulated
by you has been sent to me by Dr. N. Saha.
I did not have the opportunity of being acquainted with Professor Collins;
but many years ago, his first major work S*elfless Persons* was reviewed by
me in *Journal of Indian Philosophy *which was then being edited by Bimal
Krishna Matilal; and I
found it to be an admirable work on *Nairatmyavada *as developed in
Theravada Buddhism. The sad demise of Professor
Collins has created a gap that will not be easily filled up.

With regards,

Prabal Kumar Sen

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 2:07 AM, nsaha12 at yahoo.com <nsaha12 at yahoo.com>