[INDOLOGY] 2018 AAR Navarātri Seminar CFP

Simmons, Caleb - (calebsimmons) calebsimmons at email.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 13 16:20:10 UTC 2018

Dear RISA-L members,

I’ve attached below the Call for Papers from the Navarātri Seminar for the 2018 American Academy of Religion (AAR) Annual Meeting. Please note that the Navarātri Seminar only accepts single paper submissions. If you have any questions about the CFP or the Seminar please feel free to contact me off list.

Sincerely,
Caleb

---------------------

Caleb Simmons, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Religious Studies
University of Arizona
1512 E. First Street
Tucson, AZ 85721
Tel. (520) 621-0697

Call for Papers:

The Navarātri Seminar is currently seeking submissions for the 2018 AAR meeting. As part of our mission we seek to study the festival of Navarātri from multiple geographical regions and historical periods and from a variety of methodological and theoretical perspectives. We, therefore, encourage papers that cover a range of traditions, regions, and languages in which Navarātri is celebrated.

The Navarātri Seminar only accepts single paper submissions.

Some themes identified as potential papers session topics at our last meeting were:

• Economies of Navarātri
• Spaces of Navarātri
• Different Religious Traditions’ Responses to Sacrifice in Navarātri
• Ornamentation and Navarātri
• Navarātri and Democracy

Method:
PAPERS
Process:
Proposals are anonymous to chairs and steering committee members during review, but visible to chairs prior to final acceptance or rejection
Leadership:
Chair

  *   Caleb Simmons, cbs852s at gmail.com<mailto:cbs852s at gmail.com>
  *   Ute Huesken, huesken at uni-heidelberg.de<mailto:huesken at uni-heidelberg.de>