[INDOLOGY] Suggestions for improving services of Asiatic Society, Kolkata

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 13 15:02:39 UTC 2018

When I visited about a decade ago they were entirely uncooperative and insisted that everything I was interested in was a "national treasure" that no foreigner was authorized to see, much less to obtain copies of.

So it is good learn of Mr. Chakraborty's initiative - I wish him all success!

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago