[INDOLOGY] John and Mary Brockington Rāmāyaṇa archive

John Brockington John.Brockington at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 5 12:36:46 UTC 2018

DearColleagues,

We are pleased to announce the second update of our material on the
Oxford Research Archive, first deposited in January 2016, this update
identified as February 2018. We do so in order that it can be available
for others to consult even in its present, unfinished state.It can be
accessed at the same location
<http://ora.ox.ac.uk/objects/uuid:8df9647a-8002-45ff-b37e-7effb669768b>
or you can find it via the Bodleian Libraries website, under ORA, by
looking for either our surname or its title, "Development and spread of
the Rāma narrative (pre-modern)".

There are additions, revisions and corrections to the material
throughout.However, areas which have seen the greatest degree of
updating or enlargement are:

oadditions to the dates chart (within the background material folder),

oadditions to the data within 10. visual (India) in the bibliographic
inventories,

oamplification of the ‘Rāmāyaṇa in Buddhist literature’ section of the
‘Development of the Rāmāyaṇa tradition’ survey,

oinclusion of some unpublished conference papers in ‘miscellaneous
drafts and notes’,

oall categories of the ‘Narrative Elements’, particularly Central and
East Asia, and epics (Uttarakāṇḍa).

Because of the nature of our own contacts this message is being sent
primarily to other Indologists but, if any of you are aware of
colleagues in other fields (for example Southeast Asian languages or
visual culture) who might be interested, do please pass the information
on to them – and similarly, if anyone has access to suitable academic
lists on which it could be posted, we would be grateful for its being
sent to them.

As usual, we should be grateful for any comments from anyone who has
used the material.

With all good wishes

John and Mary

John Brockington

Fellow, Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies
Emeritus Professor of Sanskrit, University of Edinburgh
Vice President, International Association of Sanskrit Studies

Mary Brockington
Fellow, Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies
Research Fellow, International Association of Sanskrit Studies