[INDOLOGY] Tributes to Dr Ram karan Sharma

James Hartzell james.hartzell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:35:58 UTC 2018

My condolences to Dr. Sharma's family and friends, and I was lucky to count
myself among the latter.  Dr. Sharma was really a wonderful fellow who was
instrumental at key junctures of my career in guiding me in the right
direction.  We shared living quarters for some months in New York and spent
many pleasant hours together.  I will never forget him, his warm
heartedness, deep and generous spirit, and rich understanding of the
Sanskrit knowledge system.  May he rest in peace.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 7:25 AM jhakgirish via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Indologists,
> निसर्गादेकान्तं मधुमधुरिमाणं हि दधतं
> तपःस्वाध्यायाभ्यां प्रथितयशसं विज्ञसदसि।
> प्रयुञ्जानं कालं मधुरसुरवाणीप्रचरणे
> नतो ब्रह्मप्राप्तं गुरुसुरवरं रामकरणम्।।इति
> प्रणतिपुष्पाञ्जलिर्गिरीशझाशर्मणः।Girish K.JhaRetd.University ProfessorPatna
> UniversityResidence: Kolkata-India
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> -------- Original message --------From: प्राची प्रज्ञा <
> prachiprajnaenb at gmail.com> Date: 12/19/18 9:28 AM  (GMT+05:30) To:
> संस्कृतविश्वम् <sanskritaviswam at googlegroups.com>,
> bvparishat at googlegroups.com Subject: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} शोकसन्देशः -
> प्रो. रामकरणशर्माणः पञ्चतत्त्वे विलीनाः
> शोकसन्देशः - प्रो. रामकरणशर्माणः पञ्चतत्त्वे विलीनाः
>
> "प्राची प्रज्ञा"  इत्यन्तर्जालपत्रिकायाः श्रद्धेया उपदेष्टारः प्रो.
> रामकरणशर्माणः पञ्चतत्त्वे विलीना इति सद्यस्तनवार्तामधिगत्य
> सकलप्राची-प्रज्ञापरिवारः शोकसन्तप्तः । राष्ट्रियसंस्कृतसंस्थानस्य
> निदेशकचराः  प्रो. रामकरणशर्माणः आधुनिकसंस्कृतजगतः भीष्मपि��

James Hartzell, PhD
Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language (BCBL), Donostia, Spain
Center for Mind/Brain Sciences (CIMeC), The University of Trento, Italy
Center for Buddhist Studies, Columbia University, USA