[INDOLOGY] Nirnaya Sagar Fonts are at finishing stage of development

Krishnaprasad G krishnaprasadah.g at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 05:44:18 UTC 2018

Dear all thanks for the feedback

Dear Lidia Wojtczak
Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciation.

*' I was wondering whether you might not think about lessening the gap
between the "i" and the matra.'*

Yes, we will work on this and re-send here. Thanks

Dear Paul Hackett
Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciation.

*test the fonts in a wide range of programs  *

I have tried on different platforms but this font doesn't work in obsolete
software like Adobe Pagemaker 7 etc.

Dear Andrew Ollett
Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciation.

* e- and o-mātrās are a bit more curved in the print samples *
 *bit** more space on the inside of the d-akṣara.The tail of the t-akṣara
also seems a bit less tapered in the print sample*
 I will work on this thanks.

*I also quite like the way that the top line doesn't connect in the
print   *
[image: image.png]
I hope this is what you are saying about the gaps, initially it was done
like that, but I got less appreciation and also in this recent mail Prof
Madhav Deshpande Ji suggested to remove even for conjunct consonants. If I
am not comprehending your message, please write again, I hope this is not
hassling for you.

Dear Madhav Deshpande Ji

Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciation.
* the knot of द्गु in your first sample looks bigger than the one in द्व in
your last sample  *
* व looks like there is a gap *
*left gaps between half letters combined in making conjuncts, but really
there should be no such gaps in a good font design*

*The thickness of lines should be uniform in all letters.  For example, the
top of े in ज्ञे looks too thick to me *

Noted. I will work on this and re-send by next week. The only difficulty in
letter da is there is more than 7 to 8 da in a book, and confused which one
to choose. And moreover, the da in the conjunct letters are still more
different. But I have noticed your point and that makes sense, we will
re-work and send it again.
*don't take this as a negative criticism  *
-Not at all sir, you are helping me out, as the one-handed person cannot
observe all flaws. That would be a pleasure if you continue the observation
in following emails too.

Thanks every one

Krishna Prasad