[INDOLOGY] DLI Mirror Site Live - https://dli.sanskritdictionary.com

Martin Gluckman m.gluckman at alumni.anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 29 01:31:17 UTC 2018

Dear Friends,

I am happy to announce a mirror of the DLI site has been completed and is now live at:

https://dli.sanskritdictionary.com

This mirror makes use of Google's OCR technology to deeply index all documents so searches can be done in a multitude of scripts including among many others IAST and Devanagari for Sanskrit.

The advantage of the OCR platform is it keeps improving so we are getting more accurate matches then months ago when we started development  of the search interface and it will continue to improve.

The mirror is of the complete DLI site (before it became temporarily unavailable ) i.e. 31TB and 551,427 book scans.

I hope this is of much use to scholars. Kindly send your feedback and suggestions as always.

Kindest wishes,

Martin Gluckman