[INDOLOGY] A regressive face of Indology at the World Sanskrit Conference

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:32:12 UTC 2018

I am sorry, that could not quite communicate the message.

The issue that was being disputed /debated in the special forum organised
at WSC was whether or not gender and caste hurdles in learning Sanskrit in
India.

The Video is a sample of a huge activity of Sanskrit education of women
that has been current in India from late 19th century till date.

These women just don't get trained in Veda recitation but learn S'aastras
such as VyaakaraNa including Mahaabhaashya and Nirukta and trained as
orators in fluent and eloquent Sanskrit and converse in Sanskrit fluently
and eloquently.

The message was that there is their story of Sanskrit too:

A few of these are*:*

http://gurukulchotipura.org/

http://gurukulchotipura.org/education/

Presently there are more than 700 students studying in the Gurukul who come
from 12 different states of India. All of them stay in the Gurukul. We have
a team of 30+ experienced and dedicated teachers to impart education and
supervise the students at all times. They help them to realize their
intellectual potentialities and make them cultured and disciplined as per
the teachings of Vedas and Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati.

There is an imposing Yagyasala in the Gurukul Campus, which signifies the
spirit of sacrifice and self-effacement. This edifice infinitely adds to
the charm of the Gurukul. All the brahmacharinies assemble here along with
the principal and the teaching-staff to perform Agnihotra. Amidst musical
Vedic chants they perform Brahmayajña for self-purgation and Devayajña for
environmental purification. This is done during early morning hours and at
sunset regularly.

Students are trained in all the subjects till the 10th standard such as
English, Science, History, Geography, Mathematics, Computers, Home-Science,
and Drawing etc.* After 10th standard, students mainly focus on
Sanskrit-grammar, Philosophy, Upnishad, Literature, Moral-scriptures
(Dharmasastra) etc. *

   - Education up to 8th standard: This is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh
   Education Board and is similar to other schools in region.
   - Education in 9th and 10th classes: This is affiliated to of Gurukul
   Kangri University, Haridwar. The course is called Vidyadhikari and is
   recognized by all state boards as 10th class.
   - *Education from 11th up-to Acharya (equivalent to MA) is affiliated to
   Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak Haryana.*

http://kgmdoon.com/index.php

*विद्याविनोद ( इण्टरमीडिएट ) में पाठ्य विषयों की स्वीकृत रूपरेखा*

*श्रेणी-11-12*

*अनिवार्य विषय*
संस्कृत -वाडमय (वैदिक तथा लौकिक संस्कृत-साहित्य) अंग्रेजी

*वैकिल्पक विषयः-निम्नलिखित में से इच्छानुसार कोई तीन विषय लेने होंगेः-*
विशेष संस्कृत वाडमय
(वैदिक वैदिक तथा लौकिक संस्कृत-साहित्य) विज्ञान हिन्दी साहित्य इतिहास
राजनीति शास्त्र मनोविज्ञान अर्थशास्त्र समाजशास्त्र
गणित ड्रांग और पेन्ंिटंग गृह विज्ञान या संगीत (केवल कन्याओं के लिये)

*विद्यालंकार (बी0ए0)*

*श्रेणी-13-14 तथा 15*

*अनिवार्य विषयः*
संस्कृत -वाडमय (वैदिक तथा लौकिक संस्कृत-साहित्य) अंग्रेजी भारतीय संस्कृति
केवल एक पत्र

*वैकिल्पक विषयः-निम्नलिखित में से कोई दो विषय लेने होंगेः-*

विशेष संस्कृत वाडमय
(वैदिक वैदिक तथा लौकिक संस्कृत-साहित्य) दर्शन हिन्दी साहित्य इतिहास
मनोविज्ञान राजनीति शास्त्र अर्थशास्त्र समाजशास्त्र
गृहविज्ञान या संगीत गणित ड्राइंग पेन्टिंग