[INDOLOGY] Chandela of Bundelkhand (bibliographical request)

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:51:16 UTC 2018

Dear Paolo,

Please see the introduction to my translation of the Prabodhacandrodaya, available here:

https://www.academia.edu/27671250/Introduction_to_The_Rise_of_Wisdom_Moon_Prabodhacandrodaya_

It certainly does not include everything about the Candellas, but it does have some additional references for you. I am sorry that I do not have pdf-s, however -- I was using old-fashioned xerox copies that are now in a storage box and not easy for me to access. If your project on the Candellas will continue for some months, I will be happy to see if I can locate what I have and then send it to you in the autumn, I do not believe that I will be returning to Candella studies myself. A lot of the useful work on the Candellas, by the way, is in Hindi.

best of luck,

Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago