[INDOLOGY] Gender, Power, and Rape when Conducting Research

Robert Goldman rpg at berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 28 20:54:55 UTC 2018

And thanks to you, Madhav for this information. Of course the term balātkāra is well known and widely used for various forms of violence, outrage, oppression etc. in the standard Sanskrit lexicon. But I had not seen it used specifically for sexual violence.

Bob
Dr. R. P.  Goldman
Catherine and William L. Magistretti Distinguished Professor in South and Southeast Asian Studies
Department of South and Southeast Asian Studies MC # 2540
The University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2540
Tel: 510-642-4089
Fax: 510-642-2409