[INDOLOGY] Call for Papers: Mid-Atlantic Regional Association for Asian Studies

Jeffery Long dharmaprof108 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 23:34:14 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to call the following to your attention, especially if you are located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US.  Please direct questions to Dr. Mahua Bhattacharya (bhattacharm at etown.edu).

Peace in Asia:  Past, Present, and Possible

Call for papers

Deadline for paper submissions

MAY 1, 2018

Elizabethtown College and the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association of Asian Studies announce the call for papers for the 47th annual regional conference.  The conference theme “Peace in Asia: Past, Present, and Possible” lends itself to interesting scholarly approaches including energy, environment, public health, territorial issues, migration, popular culture, gender, sexuality, religious practices, and more. We encourage proposals from any discipline. We welcome participation from faculty, students, independent scholars, and professionals, and especially encourage panels with innovative combinations of individuals and fields.

Further details and online applications are available at http://maraas.org/

47th Annual Mid-Atlantic Region Association for Asian Studies Conference

November 3-4, 2018

Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA

Program Manager:

Mahua Bhattacharya, Associate Professor of Japanese and Asian Studies

Elizabethtown College

bhattacharm at etown.edu

All the best,

Jeff

Dr. Jeffery D. Long
Professor of Religion and Asian Studies
Elizabethtown CollegeElizabethtown, PA
https://etown.academia.edu/JefferyLong
Series Editor, Explorations in Indic Traditions: Theological, Ethical, and PhilosophicalLexington Books
"One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life."  (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)