Re: [INDOLOGY] camatkāra

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 02:09:06 UTC 2018

 >In fact, this would have been my second question: why practically in all
modern Indic languages the words related to camatkāra mean “wonder,
surprise, astonishment”, while it is not so with the Trika authors who
introduced this word into philosophical-aesthetic terminology.

----- You expressed a question. The answer to that is :the origin of the
widely prevalent meaning in  practically in all, modern Indic, not all, but
north Indian, languages seems to be connected to the *communis opinio  *
only.

Waiting for a chamatkaara of *communis opinio* from your philological
investigation.

Is it already published?