[INDOLOGY] REMINDER: 17th World Sanskrit Conference Proposals Due Soon! (Oct. 1, 2017)
adheesh1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 22:01:46 UTC 2017
17th World Sanskrit Conference
Vancouver, Canada • July 9-13, 2018
We are sending this note to remind you that this is the FINAL WEEK to submit an individual paper abstract for the 17th World Sanskrit Conference, to be held in Vancouver, Canada, July 9-13, 2018. The LAST DAY to submit a proposal is OCTOBER 1, 2017. If you haven't already done so, please be sure to visit the WSC website, wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca, and submit your proposal as soon as you can!
To begin the submission process, please visit our online submissions portal: https://wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca/ocs/wsc/2018/schedConf/cfp, where you will see the specific instructions for preparing a submission. After submitting the proposal abstract, you may again login to the portal through the same link to manage or edit your submission and also track its progress.
Please note: all presenters within the SPECIAL PANELS are asked to submit their abstracts as individual papers, using the section "Special Panel" rather than one of the other 24 regular sections.
If you encounter any difficulties with the portal please get in touch with the WSC Secretariat (wsc2018 at ubcsanskrit.ca), and we will assist you in the process.
Some additional tips and notes:
* All proposals must be made through the online portal. We CANNOT accept emailed scans or PDFs sent to the Secretariat.
* Because of limited space and time, each presenter may submit only one individual paper abstract for inclusion in the conference.
* Papers may be delivered in Sanskrit, English, or French, with abstracts submitted in the same language. All correspondence with the Secretariat should also be in one of these three languages.
* A list of the 21 regular and 3 special sections of the WSC can be found here: https://wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca/info/sections/.
* As you select your section during the proposal submission process, you may find that you need to scroll down *within* the menu to find sections 16 and beyond, depending on how your computer or device is set up.
* Abstracts should be prepared using Unicode input methods, and you should use a modern operating system (Mac OSX, Linux, Windows 7+, and most smartphones and tablets). Please note that the WSC website does not function on devices running Windows XP.
* Review of papers will begin in October 2017 and results will be announced January 2018 (early confirmation for visa purposes will be available in November 2017 for applicants from South/Southeast Asia).
Help spread the word! Please encourage your colleagues and students to visit the website (wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca) and submit an individual paper proposal by October 1.
As always, for up-to-date information, please consult the main conference website, wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca, and do not hesitate to contact the WSC2018 Secretariat (wsc2018 at ubcsanskrit.ca ) for further assistance.
Dr. Adheesh Sathaye
Associate Professor of Sanskrit Literature and South Asian Folklore
Dept. of Asian Studies || University of British Columbia
408-1871 West Mall || Vancouver, BC CANADA V6T1Z2
adheesh at mail.ubc.ca || +1.604.822.5188
Lead Organizer, 17th World Sanskrit Conference, Vancouver, Canada, July 9-13, 2018
http://wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca || wsc2018 at ubcsanskrit.ca
|| सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु ।।
More information about the INDOLOGY