[INDOLOGY] Postdoctoral fellowship in Missionary Linguistics

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Mon Sep 18 07:57:16 UTC 2017

Dear List,
on behalf of my colleagues from the University of Louvain - Leuven (especially Toon Van Hal, with whom I currently work on J.E. Hanxleden's Sanskrit and Malayalam works), I attach here the description of a postdoctoral fellowship offered within their "Missionary Linguistics" joint-project: “Evolving views on the world's languages in a globalizing world (1540-1840): information growth, conceptual shifts, scholarly networks in the circulation of linguistic knowledge”. Research projects on the first Western descriptions of Indian languages (Sanskrit or vernacular) will be of course considered.
Best wishes,
Christophe Vielle

Christophe Vielle
Louvain-la-Neuve