[INDOLOGY] reminder: September 30th deadline for applications for the course "Lived Sanskrit Cultures in Varanasi" (Feb. 19th to March 16th, 2018)

Ute Hüsken huesken at uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Sep 15 15:50:16 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to alert you of the deadline for applications for the four
week intensive course in Varanasi  (September, 30^th 2017). We would be
grateful if you could widely circulate this call for applications among
potential participants.

The course

*"Lived Sanskrit Cultures in Varanasi" *

will take place in Varanasi from *19th Feb. to 16th Mar. 2018.*

The course will be carried out by the Cultural and Religious History of
South Asia (Classical Indology) department at Heidelberg University and
the Indology department at Würzburg University, in cooperation with
Prof. Gopabandhu Mishra (BHU). Three broad areas will be covered:
"Teaching Sanskrit and the Veda", "Performing Rituals", and "Kāśīyātrā:
Processions in Varanasi".  An essential part of the course will be to
include gender perspectives in the study of all the three mentioned areas.

For further information please consult the following page:

http://www.sai.uni-heidelberg.de/abt/IND//hdsanskrit/2018_varanasi.php

With many greetings from Heidelberg and Würzburg,

Jörg Gengnagel
Ute Hüsken
Anand Mishra

--