[INDOLOGY] New Online Course: The Science and Practice of Yoga

Andrew Nicholson andrew.nicholson at stonybrook.edu
Wed Sep 6 21:11:44 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Now that the semester has begun to get rolling, I wanted to share with you
a possible resource for you or your students. The University of Texas at
Arlington in conjunction with edX is offering a MOOC (massive open online
course) on “The Science and Practice of Yoga.”

My understanding is that this course will feature recent research from
scholars of contemplative neuroscience and positive psychology. I am no
neuroscientist, but I have also contributed to the course a short
discussion about the history of yoga and yoga’s relation to some pre-modern
Indian religious traditions.

The course begins on October 16, 2017. It is free for all who wish to
enroll. More information and a button to enroll is here:
https://www.edx.org/course/science-practice-yoga-utarlingtonx-link-bw-1x#!

All best wishes,
Andrew

Andrew J. Nicholson