[INDOLOGY] Verses on Taptamudra

Arjuna S R arjunsr1987 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 11:23:54 UTC 2017

​
Dear scholars,

​
Taptamudra
​ ​
is considered as
​ ​
one of the five
​ parts of

vaiṣṇavadīkṣā (b
*āhya)*. It is referred in the following texts -

   1.
*Vṛddha-hārīta-smṛti (2nd Chapter) *
   2. Viṣṇu-rahasya (7th Chapter)
   3. Cakra-mīmāṃsā by Vijayīndratīrtha
   4. Sanaka-smṛti (viṣṇornuketi mantreṇa tāpayitvā sudarśanam .....)
   5. Pādma-smṛti
   6. Gāruḍa-smṛti
   7. Nārada-smṛti
   8. Vihageśvara-saṃhitā
   9. Yukti-mallikā of śrīvādirāja (Phalasaurabha, 578 to 650verses)
   10. Kṛṣṇācārya's Smṛti-muktāvalī (While discussing Upanayana-saṃskāra )
   11. Skanda-purāṇa (Vaiṣṇavakhaṇḍa)

​I found all the above information from Prof Sagri Raghavendra Upadhyaya, a
renowned Dvaita, Dharmashastra and Purana scholar from Udupi region.
 He has his own publishing house (Paravidyā Prakāśana) and published more
than
 50 books.
 One of his work titled
​ ​
*aiṣṇavadīkṣe​ ​*
[Kannada work] is the source for all these information.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Regards,

*Dr Arjuna S R*