[INDOLOGY] [RISA-L LIST] New Book

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 04:14:22 UTC 2017

Dear Prof. Dominik Wjastyk,

"a point of view that certainly exists in the minds of some people"
certainly provides an exception to my

'I can say with certainty that ancient India was never imagined during or
later to the independence movement, either by the educated Indians or by
the common public as an India without wars or without harsh punishments or
without harsh ways of crime control etc. ​'

Are books written to counter 'a point of view that  exists in the minds of
some people' ?

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Dominik Wujastyk via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Thanks for this info, Patrick.  I've been making her *History of Ancient
> and Early Medieval India *a set text for my courses for several years
> now, and it's very good indeed (but sadly she hadn't read your *Kingship,
> Law and Governance* before her book was published, so the Mauryan chapter
> needs to be redone).
>
> I look forward to reading the new one.
>
> Best,
> Dominik
>

>> --
> Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
> ​,​
>
> Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
> ​,​
>
> Department of History and Classics
> <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
> ​,​
> University of Alberta, Canada
> ​.​
>
> South Asia at the U of A:
>
> ​sas.ualberta.ca​
> ​​
>

> On 30 September 2017 at 07:29, Olivelle, J P <jpo at austin.utexas.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> With apologies for cross-posting, I want to announce a wonderful new book
>> by Upinder Singh: Political Violence in Ancient India. It demolishes the
>> common stereotypes about non-violence etc. Published by Harvard.
>>
>> http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674975279
>>
>> Patrick Olivelle

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )