[INDOLOGY] REMINDER: World Sanskrit Conference 2018 Proposals Due Today! (Oct. 1, 2017)

adheesh sathaye adheesh1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 23:04:21 UTC 2017

REMINDER: WSC 2018 Proposals Due Today! (Oct. 1, 2017)
17th World Sanskrit Conference
Vancouver, Canada • July 9-13, 2018

Dear Colleagues,

This announcement is to remind you that today, OCTOBER 1, 2017, is the FINAL DAY to submit an individual paper abstract for consideration for the 17th World Sanskrit Conference, to be held in Vancouver, Canada, July 9-13, 2018. If you have not yet submitted your abstract, please be sure to visit the WSC website, wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca, and submit your proposal as soon as you can!

If you are unable to submit your proposal in time, please note that we have decided to keep the submission portal OPEN beyond the deadline, and will continue to accept late submissions. However, these late submissions will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the WSC Organizing Committee, and we reserve the right to decline any late submission.

All submissions must be made through the WSC2018 online submissions portal. To begin the  process, please visit: https://wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca/ocs/wsc/2018/schedConf/cfp, where you will find specific instructions for preparing a submission. If you have already submitted an abstract, you may still login to the portal through this same link, and manage your submission, edit the abstract, and track its progress.

Please note: all presenters within the SPECIAL PANELS are asked to submit their abstracts as individual papers, using the section "Special Panel" rather than one of the other 24 regular sections.

If you encounter any difficulties with the portal please get in touch with the WSC Secretariat (wsc2018 at ubcsanskrit.ca), and we will assist you in the process. We look forward to your submission and to welcome you to Vancouver in July 2018.

Some additional tips and notes:

* All proposals must be made through the online portal. We CANNOT accept emailed scans or PDFs sent to the Secretariat.
* Because of limited space and time, each presenter may submit only one individual paper abstract for inclusion in the conference.
* Papers may be delivered in Sanskrit, English, or French, with abstracts submitted in the same language. All correspondence with the Secretariat should also be in one of these three languages.
* A list of the 21 regular and 3 special sections of the WSC can be found here: https://wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca/info/sections/.
* As you select your section during the proposal submission process, you may find that you need to scroll down *within* the menu to find sections 16 and beyond, depending on how your computer or device is set up.
* Abstracts should be prepared using Unicode input methods, and you should use a modern operating system (Mac OSX, Linux, Windows 7+, and most smartphones and tablets). Please note that the WSC website does not function on devices running Windows XP.
* Review of papers will begin in October 2017 and results will be announced January 2018 (early confirmation for visa purposes will be available in November 2017 for applicants from South/Southeast Asia).

As always, for up-to-date information, please consult the main conference website, wsc.ubcsanskrit.ca, and do not hesitate to contact the WSC2018 Secretariat (wsc2018 at ubcsanskrit.ca) for further assistance.

—
Adheesh Sathaye
University of British Columbia