[INDOLOGY] Question about Dvanyāloka and Locana

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Nov 10 18:44:19 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

     I am currently reading a section of Dvanyāloka with Abhinavagupta's
Locana.  However, what I find is that the three or four different editions
that I am consulting give very different readings, and this is very
frustrating to say the least.  My question is:  Is there a critical edition
of these texts that provides all manuscript variants, and provides a text
that is more trustworthy?  The translation of Mason and Patwardhan is not
accompanied by a Sanskrit text.  Any help would be appreciated.

Madhav Deshpande
Campbell, California