[INDOLOGY] Identifying a verse

Tyler Williams tylerwwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 01:40:17 UTC 2017

(In the Persian version, a merchant leaves an amount of iron with a
neighbor, who sells it, telling the merchant that it has been eaten by
mice. The merchant kidnaps the man's son, and tells him that a hawk carried
the boy off. The punchline is the same: in a town where mice can eat iron,
certainly a hawk can pick up a boy.)

Best,
TWW