[INDOLOGY] Sources on Relationship btw Oral/Literary Traditions

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 12:44:01 UTC 2017

https://www.academia.edu/3543506/Oral_Epics_in_India._STUART_H._BLACKBURN_PETER_J._CLAUS_JOYCE_B._FLUECKIGER_and_SUSAN_S._WADLEY_eds

https://www.academia.edu/3543505/Gender_and_Genre_in_the_Folklore_of_Middle_India

Blackburn, Stuart H. Singing of Birth and Death, Texts in Performance.
Review here: https://nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/nfile/1590

and

many many more, a huge number of them like the above by folklore
researchers on India.

"mārga and dēśi" are the two emic categories that can be helpful in looking
up for studies on the issues your student is interested in.

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Mark McLaughlin via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Thank you, Artur!
>
> On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 6:53 AM, Artur Karp <karp at uw.edu.pl> wrote:
>
>> In Vol. I of The Legends (pp.418-528) - "Princess Niwal Daî" - as sung
>> by two scavengers from Bibiyâl village near Ambâlâ. [The first page
>> attached].
>>
>> My Polish (so far unpublished) translation available at academia.edu:
>>
>>  https://www.academia.edu/23171001/Córka_Tysiąca_Wężów_Śahr_
>> Safidon_kī_kahānī_
>>
>> Artur Karp

>>> Witajcie,
>>>
>>> One of the earliest (if not the earliest!) collections of Indian oral
>>> traditions:
>>>
>>> Richard Carnac Temple, The Legends of the Panjâb, Vol. I-III, Education
>>> Society's Press, Byculla, Bombay 1884-.
>>>
>>> Reprint: The Legends of the Punjab, Deptt of Languages, Punjab, Patiala,
>>> 1962-63
>>>
>>> Digitalized copies of Vols. II & III available for free download:
>>>
>>> Vol. II - https://archive.org/details/legendspanjb00tempgoog
>>>
>>> Vol. III - https://archive.org/details/cu31924070625854
>>>

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Carnac_Temple
>>>

>>> Artur Karp (em.)
>>> Katedra Azji Południowej
>>> Uniwersytet Warszawski
>>> Polska

> --
> Mark McLaughlin
> *Visiting Assistant Professor of South Asian Religions*
>

> *Department of Religious StudiesCollege of William and MaryWilliamsburg,
> VA*

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )