Re: [INDOLOGY] Bhagavadgītā large bold text

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:11:22 UTC 2017

They are very much in print.

There are large print editions available for download on the internet too.

It has been a convention to print all paaraayaNa (reading with the belief
that reading itself gives spiritual benefit) books in large font. In north
India, such books are printed in leaf-style, i.e., as sheets without
binding.

There are many audio files available online. These may also be helpful.

One example:

https://archive.org/details/022BGAD18

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Tyler Williams via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
>
> The Gita Press editions use a relatively large font-- especially their
> "Large Size" editions, if you can get hold of one. I'm not sure if they're
> still in print though...
>
> Yours,
> Tyler
>
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:07 PM, Jesse Knutson via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends, One of my students is partially visually impaired and doing
>> some Bhagavadgītā self-study over the summer. I gave him a very good scan
>> of the critical ed, but he's finding the font too grainy when he magnifies
>> it. With this in mind, does anyone know of a very well-printed--especially
>> one with large and bold script--ed of the Gītā? Thanks,J

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )